Sunday, March 17, 2013

Jazzfest

by Mia B.


From April 26 to May 5, 2013, Jazzfest in New Orleans, Louisiana is the signature tourist event of the city. This year, there will be more than 100 bands playing their music. From Maroon 5 to the Creole String Beans, this year’s Jazzfest will definitely be a hit.
Photo of 2011 Jazz Fest poster taken from Art4Now


Sadie Thorne, a Maroon 5 fan, explained, “ My favorite band is playing there and I’ve never seen them live, so I’m very exited about that.” She says, “ I listened to their songs a little and when ‘Moves like Jagger’ came out, I started to really admire them.” When asked what her favorite part of past Jazzfests has been, she answered, “ I love all of it, but my favorite part is being with my family and having a good time.”
From Cajun Jambalaya to Cuban Sandwiches, the food at Jazzfest is and will always be a tourist magnet. There will be 8 food areas: Food Area 1, Food Area 2, Congo Square, Heritage Square, Around The Grounds,  Folk Area, Grandstand, and Kid’s Food. There are always traditional Cajun and New-Orleans-style food!
       There are five different stages for bands to perform. They are Acura, Jazz and Heritage, Gentilly, Sheraton New Orleans Fais Do-Do, and Congo Square. The stages are large and project loud, groovy music for miles around. It’s almost contagious!
       Jazzfest will be amazing this year and always will be for years to come. 


No comments:

Post a Comment