Sunday, March 17, 2013

Sock It


by Martha P.


Socks are simple things, but a problem at McGehee School.  Many girls love the socks with sparkles, zigzags, or even glow in the dark fabric!  I am a fan myself and my sock drawer is a complete mess of old, new, clean, dirty, and a few McGehee logo socks.  I interviewed ten girls, and three out of five girls own more fun, or plain socks then the usual white with red gate socks.


Some teachers like the colored fun.  Since they’re not consumed by the harshness of the handbook, they can wear them.  On duds days, girls think they can show off their best socks.  In fact, the handbook doesn't state that fun socks are allowed.  I feel that if it isn’t in the handbook it shouldn’t be done, though it should be in the next issue of the handbook. 


The idea of Mcgehee socks only on Mondays isn’t hated, I don't see it in the near future.  Teachers will still wear them, students will still want them, stores will still sell them, they are…


Socks!!!

Photo courtesy of onesuperbargain.

No comments:

Post a Comment