Sunday, March 17, 2013

Parker Lacewell interviews Gabby Douglas


By: Frances C.

                On December 9, 2012, Melissa Harris Perry’s daughter, Parker Lacewell, got a chance to interview Olympic gold medalist, Gabby Douglas. The interview took place in New York City on the Melissa Harris Perry show. Lacewell was so excited to interview Gabby. Lacewell exclaimed, “I found out while I was in Times Square and I literally started screaming I was so happy!”  This was because she LOVES Gabby and it would be her first time meeting her but, it was her mom’s second time meeting her.

                Lacewell was a little nervous but not too nervous because she had been on her mom’s show before dancing to “Gangnam Style.” 

Lacewell said, “I like being on live TV because I think I do extremely awesome!”

      Gabby has just written a book called Grace, Gold, and Glory: My Leap of Faith. The book is about Gabby’s perseverance, determination, and of course her faith. It also tells you how you should always follow your dreams because when you do, you can do big things with them! Gabby always wanted to be a gymnast so she followed her dreams and look where she is now!

          Lacewell stated, “I have read about half of Gabby’s book and I planning to finish it soon.”

                        Lacewell got to learn about the reason why Gabby wanted to be a gymnast.

         Lacewell informed, “Gabby said she always knew she had talent and that she wanted to do big things with it so, she traveled across the country without her family, to do gymnastics.”

                Lacewell commented, “A surprising thing that I learned about Gabby was that she liked Taylor Swift.”

  Lacewell also got to talk to Gabby outside of the interview while she was getting her makeup done, and when she was done signing A LOT of papers.

                 Lacewell DEFINETLY enjoyed getting to do this interview.  

                 “I enjoyed being on TV, hearing all of the answers to the questions and how her life is when she isn’t on TV” Lacewell shared.

Lacewell had a hard time picking which questions to ask Gabby, but she picked some really good ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment